Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall is in the air...

Fall is perhaps my favorite time of year.  I love the flavors (pumpkin spice latte, anyone?), the colors, the holidays and, of course, the weather (life just feels so much more relaxing when windows are opened!).  I also love fall DECORATING.  Decorating for holidays is tough when you don't have a lot of money to spend.  To be able to get any substantial amount of decorations can cost a pretty penny, so I've been slowly building my collection, picking up 2 or 3 pieces a year.  This year, though, I am proud to say that I am crafting quite a few of my decorations, and able to do so much more because of that! Here are a few things I've put together so far...

Fall Flowers
Fall Flowers...Filled a mason jar with acorns, filled with silk flowers and tied some ribbon around it.  Since I already had the jar and ribbons, and the acorns were from the front yard, I only had to buy the flowers, which were 50% off at the craft store so only cost a total of $6.

.Cinnamon broom
Cinnamon broom!! Nothing really exciting about this...I just love the smell of them. I did wrap it with some ribbon just to give it some color though

Fall Wreath
Fall wreath, this is not quite complete (hence why it is perched in front of the fireplace rather than on the front door...) But I hope to make a tutorial for how I made this once its done.  All in all, it only cost around $10 to make so I am quite pleased with this one!
Table runner start
Lastly, this is what I am working on now. This is giong to turn into a fall table runner which I will reveal when its complete.


So far, I'm very excited about the way my fall decor is coming along!  I've also got another sewing project planned to start next that I think will be so fun! Come back soon to see how they turn out, and (hopefully) for a tutorial on how to make the wreath.

Happy Fall, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment