Sunday, December 4, 2011

Because I don't have enough to do already...

In the middle of one of my bags, I realized I was about to run out of thread and had the wrong colored zipper, so I had to make a quick run to the craft store to pick up these two things...


And this is what I came out with! Oops...I should know by now to not browse if I'm there for something particular, but I just can't help myself! 


The remnants bin was all 50% off, I usually do not find anything there but at that price it doesn't hurt to look...This time I found a half yard of two nice quilting fabrics which will be nice in my stash, along with some really pretty fleece which I decided needed to be a baby blanket for my dear friend's baby.  Since I was now planning a new blanket, I also had to get the pink paisley flannel, satin blanket binding (which I've never used but I'm hoping it will help make this a quick project...) and the tan felt to put her name on it.  I'll probably put that together after I finish the bag I'm currently on, as this one's a doozy and I'll probably need something simple to relax with!  Also, I found a cute little mouse ornament, and some cheapo scissors for the house since the dog ate the handle off our last pair....All in all, I'd say my "quick" trip was a success!  Now I'm off to try to solve my tension problems that decided to randomly start when half way through my edge stitching I had to switch to the new spool of thread...grumble grumble grumble....


1 comment:

  1. :) you sound like me - A lot of great ideas.... can't wait to see the bag!

    ReplyDelete