Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's A....

GIRL!! 
We found out Friday, so today I headed out to the fabric stores to try to find some inspiration for the nursery...little did I know I'd come home with about 23 yards worth!! Yikes...Totally did not intend on actually purchasing all this today...but when fabric speaks to you, you cannot ignore it!

Mountain of Fabric!
Mountain of fabric!!

Nursery!
These are the prints I picked out for the nursery...I had not planned on so much Kate Spain, but I started out with that print on top (which I've forgotten what it is and it's in the wash right now, so I'll have to get back to you on that...) then found the Kate Spain that matched perfectly!

Baby blanket!
I found this owl print and picked out some others to go with it to make a simple quilt.  My LQS is closing down (pause for a moment of silence) and every thing is between $5-$7 a yard so I couldn't resist stocking up on all of this...

Fabric for diaper bag?
These I plan to use for a diaper bag.  

Fun FQs
And these are just for fun, because who can resist a good fat quarter??

So the bad news is that my LQS is closing, the good news is I found a new store in town called Chickadee Shop that has some super nice stuff (mostly Moda...).  I went there once a few months ago right after they opened and was not too impressed but decided to give it another shot today now that they've been opened for a while and (obviously) found some really nice stuff.  PLUS they are soon to be a Bernina dealer...not that I can afford a Bernina, but at least I can go stare at them :) They are a bit pricier than I'd like, so I won't be shopping there too often, but at least it's a place in town I can go for some good modern fabrics!

Well, I'm going to go sit by the washing machine to wait for my fabrics to be done so I can start playing!! Hope you're all having a nice weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Aw yay! That's so exciting! You can make so many tiny adorable dresses :)
    Also, I love Central Park and Fandango, so I love your purchases! Can't wait to see your baby-sewing adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pumped to see your diaper bag, I am sure you will make something amazing! The fabrics are all so beautiful, that is one lucky baby girl you have on the way!!! Really exciting!! The owls will make a great quilt, fun fabric!! I need to find a good fabric for some curtains for our nursery but haven't found the perfect one yet. This makes me want to run out fabric shopping however!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! That is so exciting! Girls are so much fun! (but so are boys) girls are more fun to sew for though! :) cute fabric! That top yellow one is Nicey Jane. Love it. :) I can't wait to see everything you make! And I hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks!! I kept forgetting to check what it was... :)

      Delete