Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome Spring

Ah yes, the first day of Spring...Or as I like to call it here in Florida, the beginning of Summer.  Spring actually sprung here a few weeks ago, but today's weather is especially beautiful and has made me feel so refreshed!  It's sunny, there's a nice breeze and it's not too humid yet...perfect! One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to walk around the yard looking at everything coming back to life....

Bee
Love watching the bees go to work...

Blueberries
Come May, we will have pounds and pounds of delicious Blueberries!

Peppers
Hot peppers...My hubby loves them and grows about 6 or 7 different varieties.  I myself do not eat them, but it is fun to watch them grow, and we might try to make some different stuff with them this year

Peaches
Peaches!! We usually have hundreds of them come harvest time, but due to the early spring the tree bloomed in late January, then we unfortunately had one last hard freeze which killed off all the buds. Thankfully, one of the branches seems to have been shielded well enough and we have a good handful still growing. 

Harley
Harley LOVES this weather, and likes to hang out here in his sand pit watching people go by and smelling the breeze....

I wish I had thought to take some photos last week when the Azaleas were in bloom.  Almost every house on my street has some in their yard, and when they all bloom at the same time it's absolutely gorgeous, but they only last a week or so.  Usually this time of year I'm also watching the garden grow, but due to my hubby traveling a lot lately (and the fact that I'll be about 7 or 8 months pregnant come harvest time and probably not wanting to be outside AT ALL) we did not do one this year, but will hopefully get a few potted veggies going soon. 

Hope you all are having a beautiful first day of spring as well! I'm off to enjoy more of this weather outside...gotta get it all in now as I'm sure it will be short lived and will soon be 95 degrees, ugh...


3 comments:

  1. Both you and your husband are talented gardeners! What a refreshing post, I love spring but up here in the midatlantic it lasts much longer. Great shot of the bee busy at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I cannot tell a lie...the gardening is totally him!! I have a black thumb... :) One reason why we didn't bother with the garden since he's out of town, because I wouldn't take care of it, lol. I'm lucky if I can keep 2 or 3 houseplants alive (actually, I'm at a record 4 right now that have been around for quite a while now...perhaps I'm getting better?? hehe)

      Delete
  2. I'm so envious of your warm weather! Here in the pacific northwest, we still have cold, rain and hail. I'm so over winter!!

    ReplyDelete